My favorite time of day
That moment between night and day….
When the crickets of the night are still chirping
…along with the waking birds.
...And the bats are still swooping…
While the bugs are still attracted to the lights.
All is quiet in the valley….and then a rooster crows.
And off in the distance, a coyote yips.
The hummingbirds start to circle the feeder...recovering from the torpor of the night.
The creatures of the night and day overlap for just for a few moments.
Soon, the far off lights of the city disappear with the day.
The bats head for shelter from the rising sun.
The coyote finds a nice tree to sleep under
The birds feast on the leftover bugs sleeping on the wall by the porch light.
The quietness disappears as the sounds of cars and trains from the city far below reach up into the hills.
My coffee is gone as the sun peeks over the mountain and warms my skin.
The day begins….and I must go.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
I so value every precious moment I have to enjoy the scenery around our home. I especially enjoy sitting on the balcony as the sun comes up listening to the sounds around me. I take a photo of the sunrise almost every morning. I am constantly amazed by the beauty all around me. The ladies I work with like to see my sunrise photos so I send out an email occasionally with todays sunrise. I send a text to my brother, almost every day, with the photo of the day....usually a sunrise or sunset. Not long ago, he made a statement like..he get getting the same photo all the time. Yah, it probably seems that way...but no.
So, how to I describe what I see with more than a picture...by describing what I hear as well. By describing how I feel. So today...you all get a photo of the today's sunrise...along with what I hear.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry I haven't posted for the last few weeks. Jim was gone to INDIA. I was home waiting for hurricane Odile to hit us. They "the weather people that are suppose to know" told us we would have HISTORICAL amounts of rain. We live on the side of a hill, which made me very nervous about where the rain was going to go. I worried myself sick...and then nothing happened. Thankfully.
I've been working on a special project at work that is keeping me busy. By the time I get home, the last thing I want to do is sit at the computer. So I haven't.
I have tons of photos and stories to add to the blog. Stay tuned for Jims photos from India. He got some amazing shots.

2 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing... I love love love sunrise... I so enjoy your pictures when you post them and as I drove to work this morning watching the sunrise I was thinking... I bet Donna is watching this one too!
I too haven't written about my adventures for weeks... yes the adventures are continuing and the learning. Yes I am still loving the adventure and seeing beauty in it... even have reams of pictures saved up, however haven't made time to post for a long time... maybe soon.
Thanks for this, this morning. Have a exceptional day.
Hi Tim - Thanks for the comment. There are very few sunrises that I don't see ;-) This morning we tried to sleep in....which I am not good at. We slept with the blinds open so we could see the lightening in the distance. This morning I figured that I only had to lift my head about 4 inches off the pillow in order to see the sun rise. LOL!!
I'm glad you are keeping busy. I hope you are keeping up with your workouts! Please keep posting on your blog. I love the photos of the sheet and farm and everything else.
Post a Comment