Monday, November 23, 2015

Hunting....er....hiking with the guys.

I'm a little slow getting these photos up.   Its been a crazy month.  Soooo, the big hunt came and went.  The weather did not cooperate and Jim ended up camping in a rainstorm with Lyle.  They had a nice time together but no deer. 

They came home for Sunday and then went out Sunday evening since the weather was nice.  I was sooo tired of being home alone...and since I figured the odds of them getting a deer was pretty low..I went with them.  

We went up the Baby Jesus Trail in the Catalinas.  It was a beautiful evening hike.  It wasn't a good hunting spot though.  We didn't see any deer.  We did see a tarantula.  On the hike out, Lyle almost stepped on a rattlesnake.  It was soooo close.   It was almost dark so it was hard to see and we had our headlamps on.  I guess since it had been raining and cooler they didn't think rattlesnakes would be out.    Yikes.  We had been tramping all over those hills and not paying very close attention.

Anyway, they are looking forward to next year. 

*I hate how my photos don't upload in order.  Oh well.
Lyle and Jim

Jim

Jim, Mark and Lyle

Something that you don't want to see on your trail at night.  Actually, its better to see it then not to see it.

Now its in the spotlight and on the move


An amazing sunset on our hike out.




angry snake

a cute little tarantual

hiking

the drive in

"Donna and I are going to HIKE over there and check it out"

Lyle and Jim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Part of me is sad that the hunting trip was a bust, however thats the results that happened when I went with your Uncle Arnold and Uncle Dan a couple of times. They commended me on my ability to find my way through the woods, however they weren't too thrilled that we got skunked everytime.

Thanks for this post. I enjoyed reading it and seeing your pictures.

Look forward to your post about the Tour de Tucson or whatever it was called.

Have an absolutely spectacular Monday.