Tuesday, September 4, 2007

But thought you worked for an adoption agency...

Last week some gals I work with decided to get some Hatch green chilis that are grown in El Paso. I quess they are the best kind. So, some of us chipped in and they made a lunch time trip to the store and bout 95 lbs (I'm serious...95 lbs) and had them roasted while they waited. The pictures represent about 50 lbs of them. They where still very hot and very stinky. They totall stunk up the office. They sorted them out by size and strength and bagged them up. I took about 5 lbs of mild and about 1 lb of medium. However, I still have more chilis than I know what to do with. Oh.. only in Arizona.

I also wanted to add that yesterday was Flynn (one of my dogs) 13th birthday. She has been sick on and off last week and had a real bad bout of it Friday night. I took her in to the vet on Saturday (I had to miss the rodeo I was so excited to go to) and the did a test. We found out today that she has some sort of parasite. I'll have to call the doctor tomorrow and find out more about it. Jim went and picked up more medicine for her and we will start that round tomorrow. They seemed pretty casual about it when they left the message so it must not be too serious. But I'll still worry about her. Because thats what I do best. I just hope its not catching because I don't want Princess to get it. I hope you all are having a good week.

3 comments:

Traci K said...

Oh my goodness! What do you do with all the chile's?? Can you make salsa out of them? I bet they're good! Sorry to hear about Flinn. Know they're your "babies", so hope she's better soon!:)

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are for Salsas and various other SWestern dishes. I have made 2 batches of Tomatillo salsa since I got the chilis and it is so awesome. I use the chilis mixed with hamburger for taco meat or enchalada's etc.
Thanks for the comment! ;-)
Donna

Lane and Sylvia said...

I think you can use those chilis to ward off vampires. You have to wear them around your neck I think. Not sure why I thought of that....