Thursday, May 22, 2008

A guy

In my job I work with alot of couples. Sometimes its the man that deals with the paperwork issues and sometimes its the women. I am working with a couple right now that are very interesting. They only have been married a few years but they are in their 30s. The woman is very angry that she can't have children and it seems that I am just standing in the way of her dream every time I ask for something (according to her husband). A few months ago she totally lost it with me and yelled and complained and said some mean things. Her husband has been trying to make up for it by being super nice to me every since. After she yelled at me, he sent me 3 e-mails apolgizing for his wifes actions. He said things like "believe me, its not you. I've lived with it for 5 yrs. Its not you. etc. etc." So, this week, I had to call him about something. He's very talkative and talks about alot of stuff before he gets down to his question. I made the mistake of asking him about his job. He went into the fact that he has a new office and its smaller than his other office but this one has a floor to ceiling window. I asked him if he got to look out over anything interesting. He said, not really, well actually, I do. I look over a parking lot for a salon and a yoga studio. Its great because I get to watch ladies all day long coming and going. He said, don't tell my wife, she tells me everytime I look at a pretty lady that I'm a pig. I said, well, I think its pretty normal for guys to look at ladies. Then he went into this whole dialog about looking at women and that he can't help himself. Writing this, it doesn't seem nearly as funny as the whole conversation was. He told me I should listen to this country song about guys. I got off the phone and just about rolled on the floor laughing so hard about this conversation. Why me??? Seriously, I'm not a social worker but people say the weirdest things to me. He said that its impossible for men not to look at woman. Its ingrained in them. Just like its not possible for a woman to wear the same clothes two days in the same week. It just can't be done. Ha Ha Ha. Anyway, he pretty much brightened my day in a very odd way and made me have a good laugh.

For fun, here's the country song.

3 comments:

The J's said...

Don't you wonder what they'd think if they could hear a recording of how they sound??
A good laugh reading it!

Teresa said...

Reading this made me laugh... it is so amazing the things that strangers talk to you about over the phone... ;-) Anyway, this was too funny!!!!

Randy and Amy said...

I can see how that brightened your day! What a laugh!