Dinner in the field.
While I was in Canada, Norm and Judy had one good day of harvesting before it started to rain. They are back to harvesting, as of today, and should get all the crops in by this weekend. However, I only got in on one good day. It was so exciting. There is a certain buzz to harvest time that I can't explain but its the culmination of all the work for the year. They where concentrating on harvesting the canola. They cut the canola a few weeks back and wait for it to dry out and "season". The plants have seed pods on them. When the combine goes thru it takes out the little seeds. Eventually, those will be pressed to make canola oil for cooking ;-) So, buy canola oil and support my Canadian cousins ;-) They also grow wheat and barley.
No comments:
Post a Comment