Friday, June 18, 2010

Toluca, Mexico

At the beginning of June, Jim made a quick trip down to Toluca, Mexico for work. Toluca is about 35 miles outside of Mexico City. The highlights of the trip included a night in Houston, TX and dinner with our good friend, Brian S. The worst thing that happened was one the way back. We had everything planned out perfectly. I was leaving for Seattle a few hours before his flight got in. So I locked the dogs up like I normally do and left the FJ at the airport. He should have been arriving in Tucson the same time that I arrived in Seattle. However, his connecting flight into Houston was cancelled. So, when I arrived in Seattle and checked my messages he was still in Houston and not sure if he was going to get out that night. The ticket agent at Continental told him there was no more flights that night. We were stressed because nobody has a key to our home and our dogs are locked up and neither of us is anywhere near. We both felt sick. Then he called his work travel agent and they told him there was another flight into Tucson and got him on the flight, no help from Continental. He got home safely that night and the dogs where fine but added quite a bit of stress on our part. I don't think we will plan things like that again.

Anyway, here are a few pics. He didn't take very many.































1 comment:

Fern said...

Awesom pictures....sure looks a lot different than Algadones,(?) Mexico.
Wonder how the dentists are down there????