Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas

And just when you thought our vacation couldn't get any better....we arrived in the Bahamas. I actually was not feeling well at all this day and was on the verge of cancelling going ashore. I had used a motion sickness patch and had a reaction to it. It caused my eyes to dialate and I couldn't see closer than an arms length from my face. Its so frusterating to have something like that happen on vacation, especially when we where out to sea. I actually had it the full day before we arrived in the Bahamas but we had that day at sea and I was just able to relax in the spa and try not to think about it. So when we arrived in the Bahamas we went ashore and did our activies and I actually started to feel a lot better. Thankfully.
The first thing we did was go horse back riding. It was a wonderful guided ride down the beach and up through the woods to the highest point of the island. Then we rode back down to the beach were we put on our swimsuits and got on horses that only had a blanket on. Then the horses went swimming with us on their back. It was amazing to feel their strenth.
After that we we to the stingray pond and went snorkeling with the stingrays. They had about 7 large stingrays in an enclosed area where we could swim with them. A wonderful experience.
The Bahamas was the last stop before arriving back in Florida the next morning.














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... thanks for sharing...Again Donna you have some stunning pictures.

Tami Asars said...

Looks like you guys had so much fun!! Are those stingrays bat rays, by any chance? We've never seen them diving, but other folks have. Love the swimming horse picture- what a kick.

Sorry to hear about Jim's brother.

Happy Holidays!