As most of you know, I grew up in Washington State. Rain....I hated it. Now I live in a desert. This year has been particularly hard for me in several ways, but one of them is the air quality in Tucson. It seems that the wind doesn't quit blowing and the dust is just awful. Then there's this drought going on and wildfires and smoke and its HOT. This week everyday is suppose to be OVER 105 degrees. I can't remember when the last rains we had were. It has hardly rained in months.
Saturday morning, Jim and I got up early and went for a 23 mile bike ride (6:30am. Afterwards we sat in the jacuzzi. I noticed a few wispy clouds way up in the air. Moisture! Sure enough, by noon, the clouds rolling in from the south. The meteorologist completely missed this coming. Jim and I decided to go for a drive. As the storms were hitting, we decided to go up to "A" mountain to get a view of the storms. So beautiful. Rain!!! I have to say this is the FIRST time in 13 years of living in Tucson that I have actually enjoyed the rain and the storm. Thunder...lightening.....FRESH AIR!!!!!!!! At our house we receive .22 inches of rain (2/10th inch) This is the first monsoon of the summer and they are saying we should have more storms this weekend.
 |
| A drive down the interstate in the rain. Arizona people don't know how to drive in the rain. |
 |
| Tucson from "A" Mountain |
 |
| Looking North towards our neighborhood |
 |
| Looking north |
 |
| West...going up A mountain |
 |
| looking southwest from A Mountain |
No comments:
Post a Comment