Tuesday, July 17, 2012

July 15 Storm

Sunday night we got a wopper of a storm in Tucson. Our rain gauge logged 2.3 inches of rain in 45 minutes. Me and my dog where home alone at the time. Pretty scarey. I thought hail was going to break our windows. I was going to run over to the mall that afternoon and I'm glad I didn't. The roof of JC Penny's fell in and about 8 telephone poles were snapped in that area.







3 comments:

MSue and BMcD said...

What. In. The. World. Although, it does creat a nice water feature over that rock wall ;)

Shirley said...

Whoa...that was SOME storm you had!! Did you hear about our lightning up here on Friday the 13th? A tree with an eagle's nest in it was struck by lightning (south of us in the city of Lake Stevens), and the male eagle who was on the nest was killed (electrocuted). Poor eagle! They hope his mate will stay around and find another tree....

Anonymous said...

WOW... rain in the desert! My kid is kinda excited that we might get to visit there this fall! She thinks we should visit for a week! I don't think I can swing that time! Oh well we will keep working on it and see what we come up with! I suppose every dry wash in the area became a raging river with that kind of rain! Thanks for posting! Was good to catchup again!