Friday, January 9, 2015

An Extra Ordinary Day

On New Years Eve it started snowing around 10pm.  Jim went to be early but Nala was game to wait up with me.  We sat on the couch, with the fire burning softly, and watched it fall. 
I was so excited to get up on New Years day and go explore Cactus Canyon in the snow.  It was beautiful.  Of course, I took photos.    It was an extraordinary day.  Its so rare to get snow here.  It didn't last long but it was lovely while it was here.  Especially on a day we didn't have to work.
 
Enjoy the photos.






From the house looking across the value to Pusch Ridge/Mt. Lemmon



Wasson Peak covered in snow.  It is only 4500ft high and we have climbed it to the top.  Its fun to see it in snow.


Cactus Canyon

Cactus Canyon with Mt. Lemmon in the background.

I love this shot.  Its just by the backside of the ridge by our house. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It seems like such an oxymoron, snow in the desert on Cactus? Of course we know its happened before and it will happen again, however I am glad that you got to get some stunning pictures and shared them with us.

I am working on tenders in the office today. I got lots done on the new orphan pens at the farm on the weekend and hope to get it wrapped up this week. I will hopefully get the blog updated soon... hard to find time lately.

Thanks again for sharing.