Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wildflowers

I haven't posted for a while...obviously. Nothing new.  Put in a new toilet.  Had some company.  Just living life. 
We had some beautiful wildflowers but most of them are dying off now because its been pretty hot (close to 90 degrees already). I did get a chance to get out and snap some pictures around our area.
Ocotillo Bloom

Creosote

Desert Lavendar

Brittlebush

I have no idea what this is

Cholla Cactus bloom

Bladderpod (Strange name for a flower)

Cholla bloom

I haven't figure out what this is

Christmas cactus

Saguaro needles - ouch

Saguaro
Blue Phacelia

Brittlebush, Ocotillo and Saguaros
Cholla jumping cactus

Desert Pincushion

Globemallow

Globemallow

More bladderpod

Cactus bloom with a bee. ( I love taking pictures of flowers...but flowers with bugs are better)

Aren't you so glad to see another blister beetle.  Oh come on, you have to admit its kind of cute eating that Desert Pincushion

I found this heart shaped rock right next to our driveway.  I never noticed it before now.

Next to our driveway

One single flower (Brittlebush) right outside our front door.  I didn't have to go far to find a flower ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Generally I'm not a fan of flower pictures, however you do take good pictures and I have to admit I looked at them all and actually really liked some of them.

Wintery here yesterday, nice and spring like today. I did chores last night, not sure how much time I'm going to have to help with chores tonight.

I am going to plan for Milltown for convention this year... I really want to get the time with all of you and it was a very rich convention last time.

Really would like to write more... however have to get some items checked off my list so will let this be all for now.

Cheers

Donna and Jim said...

Hey T. Thanks for your comments and Im glad you like the flowers even though your not a "Flower" guy. Oh well. I try to find some more exciting things to post in the future. LOL. I'm excited about Milltown. We will need to coordinate as it gets closer so we can maybe get a day of hiking in at Mt Ranier. K and I discussed it when seh was here. Might be fun.

Anonymous said...


Cool to read your comments this morning. Yes K just last night informed me that she is arriving a # of days in advance so that she can hike and run ect. I will have to maybe work on running... she is going great guns and has pretty much covered every inch of the farm a time or two... I'm very proud of her.