Monday, April 13, 2015

Down but not out

This sweet goldfinch collided with our living room window on Saturday.

We happen to be sitting in there and saw it happen. The poor thing was face down into the river rock under the window. When I pulled her out of the rocks her wing was hanging all weird and I thought she had a broken wing. I was prepared to take her to the wild animal hospital (I'm serious here) but luckily she came around. It took about an hour before she could fly again.

 I just protected her and coaxed her to fly. I think she about knocked herself out. It seemed that she was physically ok.

My mom had a bird crash against her window the other day when I was talking to her.  We both felt bad because it was dead.   Its pretty sad when it happens.  Remember this post
Under the Tucson Sun: VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED from last year?   I felt pretty bad about that poor dove. 

Anyway, this little goldfinch finally flew into the bushes and then finally flew away.  It had a happy ending.

 





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing for your little friend that you don't have any resident putty tats and that one of your visitors of that persuasion wasn't passing by when this occurred.

Very neat pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Donna and Jim said...

I don't have a putty tat but I have a Ridgeback that was very interested in what I was doing. She could not figure out what I was doing and watched the whole process through the window. She even let out a bark of wonder. Ha Ha.

Donna and Jim said...

I don't have a putty tat but I have a Ridgeback that was very interested in what I was doing. She could not figure out what I was doing and watched the whole process through the window. She even let out a bark of wonder. Ha Ha.

Donna and Jim said...

I don't have a putty tat but I have a Ridgeback that was very interested in what I was doing. She could not figure out what I was doing and watched the whole process through the window. She even let out a bark of wonder. Ha Ha.

Donna and Jim said...

I don't have a putty tat but I have a Ridgeback that was very interested in what I was doing. She could not figure out what I was doing and watched the whole process through the window. She even let out a bark of wonder. Ha Ha.