Saturday, October 6, 2007

Its All Around Us...

This week was fun of interesting things. Right now I'm really missing my family in WA and I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do the housework. I'm glad my parents are coming down in a few weeks. Anyway, I'll post some pictures and thoughts from my week.
Friday morning I'm standing in front of the garage with my jaw dropped. There is a hot air balloon headed right for our house. It was already low but dropping lower and coming right at me. Their was two guys in the balloon and they didn't seem worried at all so I waved and said "Good Morning". Weird. They missed the house by about 20 feet. There are houses right behind us that are higher so I was sure they would hit them but they lifted just a little and skimmed over the rooftops. We are talking a big REMAX balloon. What are the odds of that happening?
Friday night I went to a birthday party in the park for Andrew, one of our friends who turned 11. It was nice (Thanks Jason and Donna!)
Tomorrow is Mesa special meeting in Phoenix so we will go up there tomorrow.

Well, this week I took some pictures in our backyard that I wanted to share. Its amazing how much beauty can be found just stopping and watching what goes on around us.





Their was this strange bug at our plants. It completely mimicks a hummingbird. It moves like it. Its only about 2 inches long so until I got a close look at it I thought it was a baby hummingbird. As you can tell, its not. Its called a Hummingbird Moth. Its abviously not your normal moth as its out in the daytime. Its really cool!

The last thing I wanted to share was a picture of my new knecklace. My one and only. A few months ago I helped a family adopt two children from Russia. The family sent me this knecklace this week as a thank you. The 5 year old boy hand made a very special box with my name on it and inside it was this little box with the knecklace. The little boy picked it out himself for me. There are diamonds all around the heart. This family is VERY wealthy and whatever this is worth is a drop in the bucket for them. The picture does not do it justice as to how beautiful it is. OK, my dilema...what do I do with it? It has a return sticker on the back to the store it was bought at. Should I go see what it is worth? Return it? Or just keep it as a keepsake since little Kostya picked it out for me himself. I need help. What would you do? What is the right thing to do? If I keep it, any ideas of what to do with the jeart pendant? Could I use it some other way?

6 comments:

Miss Kari said...

hmm it is a beautiful necklace... this may sound silly but if it means a lot to you maybe you could hang it somewhere where you could see it often in your house or room? or even frame it somehow... just an idea. Nice pics!

Lane and Sylvia said...

Beautiful pictures. Taking pictures of nature is so fun...

Hold onto it for now. If you returned it and they ever found out you'd feel bad .... You will get a great idea for it some day. Okay this idea just popped into my head.... make a pin out of it, for your hair or on a blouse...

Traci K said...

That's hilarious about the balloon being so close! Glad it didn't land on your house, although that would have made for some good pictures too!

You can buy a backing for that if you want to make it into a brooch. Michaels or Kohls sells them. You'll need a little hot glue, but it would work and would look nice on a blouse or coat.

Wrena said...

The Ideas that have been suggested are good ones. Another idea is to make it into a book mark. All that would take is some ribbon. But hanging it some where (window or from your mirror in your car) to remind you there are people that are thankful in this world would be an nice thought too. If you did hang it in your window you might get little rainbows as the sun shines throught the little diamonds. How ever if you do take it back you could get something more useful and still remember them. God will guide! thanks for letting me peak at your blog again!

Anonymous said...

Cherish in your heart the love and appreciation that prompted the giving of the gift, but return the necklace.

Anonymous said...

Well....
I would definitely go and see how much its worth.... :) Why not? If you returned it they would probably only give you store credit. Not like thats a problem. I'm sure you could find something else there. You could return it and get something that you would definitely use and then you would think of them every time you used it. I did think of the brooch thing too. You could hang it from the mirror in your car, but if its too expensive then someone might break in. You know Tucson.... It doesn't take much!! Let me know what you decide! DJL