Saturday, October 27, 2007

BISBEE

Trip to Bisbee, Arizona


Click on photo to see all the pictures.

Mom and Dad have been in town so my blogging time has been very limited. Here are the pictures from last Saturday when we went down to Bisbee to tour the mine and have lunch at the Copper Queen hotel. If any of you read the JA Jance series of JoAnna Brady Mystery's, this is the town that they mostly take place in. I have only been to Bisbee once and we just drove through it so I was anxious to go back and explore. Its not that far from Tucson except that the road goes through Tombstone and that is usually where I stop. Bisbee was the biggest town between St.Louis and San Francisco at the turn of the century. Louis L'More (or however you spell it) wrote about it as many other western writers. We had a great time. We stopped in Wilcox on the way home (a good 50 miles out of our way) for pumpkin ice cream at the apple orchard. No good apples left as the season was pretty much over.

This week has been busy. Last night we went to a hockey game and maybe tonight as well. We are going to go take a walk now through Sabino Canyon. Its so nice to have mom and dad here.

2 comments:

Traci K said...

What fun!! I want to see Tombstone sometime if we can ever make it out that way to visit! Have fun with your parents! Hi from us 4!

Lane and Sylvia said...

I'd like to shop in Bisbee. Looks like our kind of place!