Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wasson Peak - King Canyon Trail















Last Saturday, Jim and I hiked up Wasson Peak. The hike starts by the parking lot of the Desert Museum. From there its 7.5 mile round trip. Its not nearly as steap as Picacho or Squaw Peaks but quite a bit longer. We signed the register as we left at 9:55am and signed out at 1:55.
One of the cool things about this hike is that the planes coming into Tucson fly right over the peak and they seem so close. It was great but there wasn't enough of them.
It really was a wonderful hike except for the loose rock on the trail. Coming down was tricky because it was really easy to slip. Anyway, I highly recommend this hike to my Tucson friends. Don't do it if its hot as there is no shade at all. It was about 75 degrees when we got done and getting a little too hot. Also, we took two bottles of water each and barely had enough. Luckily I left some in the car for when we were done.


Heres the link to more photos if your interested in seeing them:
http://picasaweb.google.com/donnaruthruff/WassonPeak02?authkey=Gv1sRgCPm1jp3WjZXeVA&feat=directlink

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go on this hike..but it would take me longer because I can see so many photo I would like to take. Looks like fun. Diane

Donna and Jim said...

Hey Di - Thank you so much for your comment. Yes, if the two of us took this hike we would be taking pictures of every wild flower. Someday......