I had Wednesday off work so Jim took the day off as well. We went out to the Desert Museum. It was about 85 degrees out and got quite warm walking around out there. I was appalled to see that they are flying the Mexican flag. I asked them why they do that and the lady said that because they represent the Arizona-Sonora Desert and the Desert stretches from Arizona into Mexico they fly the Mexican flag also. Not a good enough reason for me to fly a Mexican flag on American soil. Grrrr.
Anyway, we had a good time. We saw the raptor flight show which I had never seen before and that was worth it all for me. They have several hawks and an owl that they let loose and it flies all around you. It comes back to them and they lock it up again. I don't know why it would come back except for the free handouts.
They are all into the environment and saving the animals, which I understand, but it kills me to see birds locked up in small enclosures. Birds should be free. We went into the hummingbird enclosure and was really disappointed because there where plenty of birds in there but they did not act like wild hummingbirds at all. Wild hummingbirds are very noisy and very territorial. These enclosed birds had no territory to fight over and were very quiet. And frankly, we have more hummingbirds in our back yard than in that enclosure. However, it was fun to see the tourist all googly eyed over them.
1 comment:
Wow, that is neat....you never told me you went out there...........beautiful pictures!!!!
Post a Comment