Life is partly what you make it and partly how you take it.
Thursday, September 15, 2011
Monsoons - The last hurrah
Supposedly, it wasn't suppose to rain today. The monsoons are nearly over and sunny skies were forecasted. However, the storms buildt up this afternoon. I was driving back to my office after a meeting and saw the black clouds hanging over Tucson. Quite scarey actually. Then the rain hit. The streets flooded. There were a dozen swift water rescues around town today. This afternoon, I walked down to the wash at the Santa Cruz and the water was flowing so fast. Unfortunately, a mile up the wash at nearly the same time I took the photos, they were trying to rescue a man but they couldn't and he was swept away by these same waters. The sky is clear now and Princess and I spent the evening at the park with some friends, enjoying the cooler evening. I wonder what tomorrow will bring.
Note the soccer ball floating down the river. Its hard to follow but you can see how fast its going.
2 comments:
Wow, Donna! That's incredible! The top picture looks like a tornado trying to form.
Awesome... very interesting. Thanks for sharing once again.
Post a Comment