Saturday, November 24, 2012

Bisbee and Tombstone

I'm a little behind getting these photos up. Jim and I went on a little adventure Veterans Day weekend. We went down to Bisbee for Sunday night and then on the way back stopped in Tombstone. Bisbee is about 1.5 hours South of Tucson. We stayed at the El Dorado Suites. Jim and I are very early risers so we had breakfast at the Copper Queen Hotel at 7am and then walked around town. Not much going on at that time of day. We had to check out at 11 so went up to Tombstone since we already walked the streets of Bisbee. Bisbee was once the biggest city between St. Louis and San Francisco and all the stage coaches stopped there. Tombstone is about 20 miles north. It was a fun day.
Beautiful Southern Arizona

Living room of our hotel

Coming into Bisbee

View from our hotel room.

Hotel room - kitchen


bedroom

bathroom

balcony

Hey, thats my husband down there!

View from hotel room at night.

Old doornobs

Good morning Bisbee

Breakfast at the Copper Queen Hotel - Its suppose to be haunted but I don't see any floating orbs in my pictures.



Copper Queen

All these books are written around Bisbee and Tombstone.  Great books!!

How you get around in Bisbee

Santiago's - This is where we went to dinner.

Our Hotel

Graffiti around Bisbee

I don't even know how to explain this since I couldn't figure out what it was.

more stairs

downtown Bisbee


Inn at Castle Rock - suppose to be REALLY haunted. 

Ok - lets go to Tombstone


Allen Street


Big nose Kate Saloon and random gunman




Cost $1 - Ok I won't show you all the snakes

Gunfights daily - ha ha

Tombstone

Entering Tombstone - Ok now we are leaving ;-)

2 comments:

AdNJen said...

Funny - I'm rereading the J.A. Jance series right now... so seeing all of the pictures was perfect timing!

Anonymous said...

Thanks...

Now I have another spot I want to visit next time we come down!

Your pictures were excellent for tweaking my interest!

Talk to you soon!