Friday, December 21, 2012

If we make it through December...

I don't know what it is about December.  It makes me crazy!  Maybe its that it gets dark so early or all the birthdays in our family or the holidays.  I hate the holidays with all its party obligations and being surrounded by fattening food on a daily basis.  Its like "Thank you so much for your support here's some doughnuts because we love you so much!"  Its like giving me something I don't want and its more of an insult....and that's the way of the holidays.

Its also been cold.  I hate the cold. It dipped down below 32 degrees yesterday and froze a few of the plants out back.  Bummer.  I was hoping to escape a freeze this year.  What else....Oh, someone was attached while jogging on the loop last week.  Makes me nervous to know the guy is still out there.  Thats my stomping ground.  Of course, she was running after dark and we don't go there after dark.   Heres the link  The video on the link is pretty interesting and you can see where we ride our bikes alot of the time.  I also walk on the loop every day but not this portion.  Don't worry, I am as careful as I can be.

Got some more window dings on the FJ yesterday.  Haven't told Jim yet but he'll fix it so it won't spread.  Theres so much construction on the freeway right now its inevitable. 

Tragedy in CT.  Horrible.  I helped a family in CT adopted two children from Russia. The little boy lost his friend, Jack, in the shooting.  Why are poeple so horrible?

Years ago, before we were married, Jim and I commuted to Boeing together in Renton during a certain December.  I remember listening to that old country song "If we make it through December...everything's going to be alright I know"  It was raining cats and dogs at the time and miserable driving my little car in all that traffic.  Its not so bad here. 

So, what is a blog post without pictures.  Here's some pictures from my cell phone that I've taken this month around town.  Just some odds and ends.

On my way to work, beautiful weather and hot air baloons over twin peaks.

Monumental at the time...now its down to 2.85

Amazing sunset on my way home from work

Surprise date with my husband on my birthday.  Salmon.

He had a port chop.

Yep, I'm getting older.

Jim bought me a gopro camera.  I quess he wants me to do something crazy.  I'm game.

My co-worker bought me an ice cream cake.  Millions of calories but oh so good.

For Jims birthday we went to La Trattoria Pina for dinner so we could have the Polks Pillow desert.  BEST desert in town.


And there you have it.  December.  We also went to Winterhaven last weekend to look at the lights.  I took lots of pictures so I'll add those soon.  It rained last Saturday so we couldn't go biking.  Instead I ran 5  miles and made a bunch of cake pops to give away.  I still have some left.  want some?

Oh yay, today the world is suppose to end (according to some crazy people).  Are you ready?

Its Winter Solstice.  My sisters favorite day of the year. The days start getting longer.  Happy Winter Soltice!!

One thing I do LOVE about December is getting holiday cards from our friends.  Thank you Thank you!!!  It makes me excited to get the mail every day!

All my love to my blog readers, whoever you are.  I love that you continue to read my blog even though I don't know who you all are.  I hope you are having a wonderful December.  XOXOX

No comments: