Saturday, March 9, 2013

Pecan Du

On March 2, I competed in my first Duathalon. It was a 3 mile run, 11 mile mountain bike race, and then another 3 mile run. Phil and Remington Smit did it with me. The good news was that I was not last. There was only 30 competetors in the full Duathlon. They had a 5k race that started at the same time. Many participants only did that race. The level of competition for the Duathalon was very high. Its also amazing how fit some of the older participants where. Wow. I can see that it is very possible to be super fit in your 50's. The race was at the Green Valley Pecan Company. It was really nice to race amongst the trees. I won second in my age bracket. (OK, there was only two of us in my age bracket - but I will take it as a win). One thing I did learn in this race is that you DO NOT wear a running skirt to a duathlon. Live and learn.
Phil and Remington
Donna, Phil and Remington
Donna
Start of the race
Phil
Remington
Running through the Pecan Orchard
Remington looking tired.
Phil
Add caption
Ok, just to explain. I did not take candy from a kid. They were cliff blocks and I had just bribed him to finish by giving him one when we put our bikes away. He really would have gotten sick if he would have ate it. As it was, he was sick from the ones I did give him

No comments: