Monday, March 11, 2013

Stormy Desert

Mom and Dad came to visit me. Last Friday I took the day off to spend some time with them. I was so disappointed that it was a really stormy day. I was thinking of things we have never done in Tucson. I decided to take them out in the desert to see the storm. So, off we went to Signal Hill (in Saguaro Natl Park). We parked and walked about a quarter of a mile up to Signal Hill. We loved watching the storms. It was mesmerizing. So much so that we didn't head back to the car before the storm hit. The thunder was deafening. The hail came down so hard and we had no where to hide. Mom had a bruised hand afterwards from the hail. After we got in the car we all laughed at ourselves. It is kinda funny because they taught me this stuff. They always took us out in a storm to go find devastation when we were kids. Not always the safest thing but we always had fun. We still do...
Dad
Mom stops to chat with Dewey!

Storm headed our way 

petroglyphs on Signal Hill

Mom and Dad

Me, smiling for the camera when I should have been running for cover.

Here it comes

Thunder, hail, rain....now we run for the car.



As fast as it came, it went.

But there is more on the horizon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see the pictures.

Enjoyed the thoughts you shared that resulted from this experience.

Thanks again for all.

MSue and BMcD said...

Beautiful! I love a good storm (along with a cozy fire in the fireplace, a warm drink and a cuddly afghan)!! :)

Mom said...

What fun memories now that we made it safely back to the car.....the storm created a few laughs from us once it was over.....