Thursday, July 18, 2013

Run of the Mill 5k

On Saturday, April 6, I participated in the Run of the Mill 5k in Mill Creek, Washington. I didn't have much planned for the time I was up in Washington. Diane and Dave and the boys went to Oregon to a wedding. Deanna was in Hawaii. So I decided why not do a 5k. It will give me something to do.

This was the first time that Mom and Dad had every seen an event like this and they were pretty impressed. It was only a 5k, so really not that impressive but it was fun. Its fun running in a different environment.

 I didn't know where to line up. It had different sections of the race. Elite, runners, joggers, walkers, and strollers. So, obviously I'm not an elite runner. I don't even feel that my time is good enough to be considered a runner. So, I lined up behind the runners at the very back right in front of the joggers. I was pretty frustrated because they were too slow.

So, in the video at the one minute mark you can see me trying to get around someone. I almost hit the camera but I didn't even see mom and dad. Oh well. Shirly M. ran in the race with one of her friends so it was fun seeing her there. I did my best time yet so I felt good about it.

The winner won the 3.1 mile race in 14 minutes and 44 seconds. That's a 4.44 minute pace per mile. Crazy! The fastest woman was 17 minutes.

After the race, we went over to Dave and Dianes. They had just returned that morning from Oregon and had coffee. Then we went home so I could shower and change. Then I decided to take mom and dad out for lunch at Anthony's in Everett. I think I would eat there every day if I could.

So maybe you are wondering where my handsome husband was.  Well, that's coming up in the next post.


Mom and Dad
This Arizona lady thought she would be cold.  I was just right. 
Lots of people
On your marks...get set...
Running by the youngsters
Almost to the finish line.  Wow, look at all the people finishing after me.
Donna and Shirley
Lunchtime at Anthony's in Everett
Perfect post run meal.  Crab and shrimp salad.
But Mom and Dads looks better.
Shirley sprinting past everyone at the finish line.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Wow....was a fun day, but it sure looks like I am unimpressed with my lunch....really, it was delicious!!

Shirley said...

Great pics! Thanks to you and your mom and dad for the excellent photography! Now I got to see the start of a race I was in, which doesn't happen that often! So I'm glad you decided to do this! :D :D

Shirley said...

Oh, and the finish! Fantastic! :D