Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Hey Honey

Ever heard of Africanized killer bees?  Well, feast your eyes on these little babies.  

There is a trail that we walk/run/hike near our house.  On that trail is an old dead saguaro.  Inside that Saguaro is a lovely bee hive.  Its pretty amazing actually.  We went down to the windmill while my family was visiting and while we were standing there looking at it we realized we were standing right next to this hive.  

I've been running on this trail in the morning and I checked it out this morning.  Its still there.

So, I take rest in knowing that if the hive freaks out and attacks (which they seem to do in the spring) that all I need to do is RUN.  They will only chase you for a quarter mile before they give up (so they say). 

I can run a quarter mile. I'm sure I can run really fast when 1000 bees are chasing me.  Don't worry about me.  Nope, no need at all.   



Right before we realized we were standing by a bee hive.



Our beautiful back yard (sorta)
Here is a link to some info on killer bee attacks in Tucson
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424127887324904004578539683370769910

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol... kinda find bees interesting at a distance... I feel from the pictures quite strongly that you have a very beautiful backyard... in fact I am just a tiny smidgen jealous of your back yard during the months of January, February, March and part of April... after that I tend to feel quite content with my spot here at the base of the rockies.