My dad
had his second knee replacement on August 19, so I went up there to be with him and my family. I always hate to be so far away when stuff like that happens because I just want to be there so badly. So this time I was.
I went up on Friday, Aug 15, and was able to get the weekend of our Milltown convention. That was so special. Monday was spent shopping. There is an Ann Taylor outlet up there and since that is my favorite place to shop I have to go while I am there.
Dads surgery was Tuesday, Aug 19, and so Mom and I stayed up the hospital until Wed. There were some complications so we just stayed at the hospital. He was moved to the cardiac ward so that they could monitor him. He stayed in the hospital until Saturday and then I came home on Sunday.
On Friday, I met my old buddy, Andy, and we went downtown Edmonds to the Starbucks for coffee. I drove my our old house that I lived in until I was about 24 years old and my elementary school. I loved seeing Andy. He is like my brother and I miss him a lot. I hadn't seen him for a couple of years.
I took lots of photos but here are just a few that I liked in order to sum up the trip. Make sure you go all the way to the end of the photos so you can see a great video I took of my mom.
 |
| Mt. Rainier hiding under the clouds. |
 |
| My favorite city, Seattle |
 |
| The floating bridge over lake Washington |
 |
| Go Seahawks |
 |
| Milltown |
 |
| My Niece, Deanna and her boyfriend, Kevin |
 |
| Watching the street cleaner in a suit outside the Sorento Hotel. It took me a while to realize there were palm trees. Very out of place in Seattle. |
 |
| Bakery by the hospital |
 |
| Thai lunch with mom |
 |
| Thai food, my favorite |
 |
| Our old house in Edmonds. So many memories here. It looks different than it did when we lived there. |
 |
| Sherwood elementary school |
 |
| Bracketts landing in Edmonds |
 |
| Dad after he got home from hospital - glad to be home. |
 |
| My nephew, Dustin, showing me his football moves |
 |
| Dad |
 |
| My sister and brother |
 |
| Me and dad |
 |
| Dad, tangled in all his tubes |
 |
| New Knee. This is a good thing |
 |
| More Thai food - more yum |
 |
| More in the hospital. Dad so excited to get blood. Thanks to all that donate blood. |
 |
| Edmonds Ferry |
 |
Andy and the beach. Two of my favorite things ;-) |
 |
| Me and Andy |
 |
| Downtown Edmonds. This town keeps getting cuter and cuter |
 |
| Mom has a secret to keeping her purple flowers purple. It comes in a can ;-) |
 |
| Back to Tucson |
 |
Below is the video of my mom, shooting dinner mints at the pigeons to keep them away. She is sooooo funny. |
4 comments:
Donna...you are so funny!!! It was fun having you here....even when you took pictures of me before I combed my hair!! Come pigeons, I have sweets for you!!!!!
That video of your Mom is hilarious!! Is she shooting at the window or out the window?
Oh the memories of that house in Edmonds. It looks different without the trailer in the driveway. Lots of memories of us goofing off and chatting til late in the morning in that trailer!
So glad all went well with your Dad and that you got to see Andy. We r looking forward to seeing Dan Mc. at our convention in a couple weeks!!
Hey Traci. We did have some fun times at that house. Now they are just memories. I'm glad you were a part of my memories. We had some really fun things going on in our younger years.
The video of mom is funny. She had the window open and was shooting the dinner mints at the pideons that were sitting on the roof of the neighbors house. She uses dinner mints because they will dissolve and if she's a bad aim they wont do as much damage as a rock. Soooo funny. The pigeons mess up her bird feeders.
Andy is in Asia now and other countries for the next 6 months. I'm so glad I got to see him before he left.
I hope you are doing well in S. Carolina. Cheers!
I hadn't logged in since this morning so enjoyed this post. I love the look of fierce determination on your Mom's face.
It would have been so cool to be there while you were there, however we will cross our fingers, maybe next year.
I totally loved the pictures, also the trip down memory lane. The house in Edmonds was where I met you and your folks for the very first time... and believe it or not that was actually over a couple of decades ago.
Once again, thanks for sharing... talk again soon.
Post a Comment