Thursday, August 28, 2014

Throwback - Bungy jumping in Australia

When we were moving I came across an VHS tape from my bungy jump in Australia in the 1990's. Since the company I work for does some data transformation stuff, I gave it to them to digitize.

I had not seen this video for years and it was so fun to be able to watch it again. Its rather weird to look at myself 20 years younger. Time really does fly so fast.

The video is faded and old. The sound isn't real good but turn it up so you can hear me scream ;-) Right before I finally jump, the guy leans in and tells me if I don't go this time he will push me and I don't want that. I guess that's what it took to finally get me to take the plunge. This bungy jump was awesome.

It was at the AJ Hackett bungy jump in Cairns, Australia. The jump is 50 Meters/ 164 feet high. It was scary but amazing at the same time. It totally empowered me for experiences later in life. Sometimes, you just have to go for it.

You can be amazed at the things in life that you can if you just DO IT.


The bungy jump is still in business. Here is their promo video. I hate the music they chose for it so you may have to turn the sound off it.

 


 I would love to go back and do it again someday. Probably not going to happen. Sorry my blog has been quiet. I have had too much going on. I just got back from Washington so I will post some photos of my trip soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! I've always felt that I really wouldn't want to bungee jump, however now I am not so sure... Maybe someday... I have always thought that if it wouldn't void my life insurance I would like to jump out of a plane.

I am working from the showroom this morning... Its been quiet so far which is a good thing as I was tied up on site longer than I intended today. I too haven't posted to my blog... working on a post shortly.

Thanks for sharing this... I enjoyed it and it may have changed my perspective on some things.

Have a great weekend