Sunday, December 28, 2014

The week in photos

Our trail camera was not working properly and so we decided to change the batteries on it. Wow, I quess that's what the problem was. So we checked it yesterday and it was a bonanza of pictures. Its so fun to see whats going on outside when we aren't watching.

The Christmas holiday is over.  It was nice having a few days off.  I've been complaining because I want to go somewhere...but you know what?  Sometimes its just nice being at home. 

Jims mom came down for a few days.  We met up with his brother at the Hilton for Christmas dinner buffet.  It was scrumptious. 

We met up with some friends yesterday at the park for a potluck.  So nice...but a little cold.    Then Jim and I went on a hike last evening.  We went 5 miles in an hour and a half.  A lot of it is uphill.  We ran part of the way.  It was a nice workout to finish the day.   I think I'll go do it again right now.

Yesterday we saw 7 coyote's, two deer and numerous rabbits. There has been tons of coyotes lately.  I love to hear them at night even though they wake me up.  They can sure make a lot of noise. 

Anyway, enjoy the pictures. 
Hey Little Rabbit

Mmmmmm...that rabbit was delicious.

Javalina

Coyote

Javalina

Coyote tail

Bobcat - cant figure out exactly what it has in its mouth.  Maybe a bird?

Coyote on the move

Coyote by the pool fence


Goldfinch feeder

Hummingbirds


I'd really like to know what this bird is.  Does anyone know?  Mom?

Nala


We went on a hike last night.

This is the view from Cactus Canyon. 

Coyote

2 Coyote's

setting sun



Almost home.

3 comments:

Traci K said...

Beautiful sunset! You do live in the Arizona wilderness! Nala looks like she's feeling at home now!

Mom said...

I love your pictures!!!! Can't wait to come and enjoy some of this with my own eyes..........

Mom.... said...

The bird could be a song sparrow or some kind of a finch. It is really hard to tell. I love watching them even tho I can't always identify them. Sorry I can't be more helpful!!!!