Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mom and Dad come to visit

With much anticipation, my parents came to visit.  I looked forward to it for so long.  The reason for them to visit was just to get some sunshine and enjoy.  Not to work or do anything crazy.  If you recall, the last time they visited (March 2014) we ended up taking Dad to ER because he fell.  So, no wild or crazy things were going to happen this time.

My parents are not the sit around do nothing people.  When they first got here, Jim was had a really bad cold so he stayed separated for the most part.  On Saturday, we drove up to Phoenix and visited Jerry and Jeanie and saw their new place and had lunch with them and Jims mom.  Jim missed out on a really nice day. 

Sunday, started out so pleasant.  Then mom fell.  Yep, she did it good.  She broke her collarbone and really mangled her elbow and sprained her foot.   She was covered with bruises all over her body.   She didn't wanted to go to urgent care but finally after being in so much pain she went in on Tuesday.  I know she was miserable from pain but she sucked it up and tried to enjoy the rest of the week here.  We had a wonderful evening Monday night at some friends.

Then wouldn't you know it, I started to get sick too.  Crazy.  I was so sick I felt so awful and I didn't want to get them sick.  So, all the plans we had for the rest of the week kind of crashed and burned. 

However, my parents, being who they are, wanted to do projects to help us out.  So, here are a few things we did while they were here.

Dad, Mom and Me at Jerry and Jeanies. 

Somehow I killed the pool planter plants.

So Mom and I got new plants and planted them.  Looks so nice now.

Mom fixed up some of Nala's toys that she had chewed through.

Nala could hardly wait she was so excited.

This Red Tailed Hawk gave us some good bird watching.  It was hanging out outside our house one morning.

Then we went to some local bird watching places but all we saw where ducks.




Mom and Dad hanging out.

watching the hot air balloons in the morning

Dad helped Jim changed the hot water tank.  WOW, can you believe how bad it was.

Mom failed at dog sitting.  However, Nala loved my parents.

Tearing it apart after mom so lovingly fixed it.

My cutiepie parents.

Last project before going home.  Helping Jim roof the new shed.  It was a 4 person job.

Dad cut the shingle, Mom carried it to me, I held the latter and flung the shingle to Jim and Jim put it on the roof.

No comments: