So you guess, What is it? Any ideas? This was found on top of the cheese inside of a Six Dollar Burger at Carls Jr. Eight hours later the food poisoning hit. Whatever it is, its very toxic. It wasn't me. Its my poor husband. He just got over the flu last week and yesterday this happened. I'm sure he feels he will never recover. If you've ever had food poisoning, I know you can relate.
I filed a complaint with the Public Health Department today as well as the Carls Jr corporate headquarters. Public Health is investigating because he got so sick.
Any ideas of what it could be? Its about the thickness of a piece of cheese but kind of like foam but more waxy. We ordered in the drive through and found it at home so I didn't take it into the restaurant and ask them. I figured I'd just report it? What would you do?
7 comments:
that is really disgusting. I cant believe they can get away with stuff like this. Tell Jim I hope he is feeling better soon.
I knew there was a reason I have been boy cotting that place!!! I will continue to do so!
UUGGH! Sorry you had to be the one to break the news! Lots of water, Hope he's feeling well soon!
You did the right thing.
Yuck. I've never had food poisoning but I've heard stories. Actually I've heard that we've all had food poisoning during our lifetime but most of the time we just chalk it up to 'feeling rotten' and don't realize it's food poisoning.
When I first saw the picture i though 'fortune cookie' but obviously that's not it.
Once I found a (steel) nut in a box of cereal. It was about the size of a nickel. I sent them the nut with a letter, and I got a long letter of apology and a whole bunch of 'free' coupons for my trouble. I guess that's nothing compared to the nightmare Jim is going thru....
Oh dear...that looks disgusting! I would've reported it too. Hope Jim's feeling better. Wonder what it is? We used to eat at Carl's Jr. a lot in SLC. Guess we'll skip it next time. We once found a worm a can of baked beans, and that was VERY disgusting. I guess it's always good to ck. out your food before you eat it.
Hello from the Monsons! Talked to your mom (Fern) last night, and she told me more about the actions Carl's Jr. is taking, etc. I can't believe they offered you coupons! Gross! We extend our best wishes for Jim's recovery without any lingering effects. (My mom got food poisoning from chicken 13 years ago in her 60's, and her health was gone for good afterward.)
Check out our blog! I'm working hard on it! -Shirley
O.k, o.k, i have to comment... This is Lila's cousin, and i love your blog... We do have a rather twisted sense of humor in common. My guess it is is some kind of food packaging, especially used in bulk... probaby had raw meat on it. We got camphlobacteria in Tenn. - i was alone with 4 sick children, in a strange town- Britt got to ride in an ambulance after he had a sezuire and stopped breathing... we are all fine now. If you lived here you could report it to Brian... that is part of his job. You should give it back to the restaraunt.. they might even be able to tell you what it is, although you might not want to know.
p.s., how did you get the "steps" photos like that? you are so clever.
ei
That is horrible!! I would report it and I would send some of it to them!!!
Post a Comment