Saturday, August 1, 2009

Bonners Ferry, Idaho

While we were in Bonners we stayed with Carolee and Ervin. Eric and Eileen live just down the road with their two boys. It was so fun staying with them. Its been so long since I have seen them and been to their beautiful farm. Saturday afternoon, Eileen went with my sister, Diane, and I downtown Bonners Ferry. Its such a cute little town now. When I stayed there during the summers with my grandparents it wasn't so much fun. Now there are some great shops and cafes. The only downside was how hot it was. It was about 95 degrees and nobody has air conditioning up there.

















Caleb (Eric and Eileens oldest son) showed me around the farm and took me up into the top of the barn. I've been up there before but this was the first time I "chickened" out. Caleb was so much fun. Lonesome is his dog and the two are pretty much inseparable. The classic boy and his dog.










































The huckleberries were ripe and so they made us homemade huckleberry ice cream. The next morning we had Huckleberry pancakes. Yum.

No comments: