Grandma's funeral was on Thursday night and then we left early Friday morning with her body to drive to Bonners Ferry, Idaho. It took us 8.5 hours one way. While it was an emotional journey, it was good to be with my family again. It was just Mom and Dad, my brother and sister, and Harry Henninger. Dad and Harry drove Phil and Mary's van (which they let us borrow for the trip) and Mom, Diane, Duane and I followed in the car. It was rather humerous to have mom getting mad at us for making too much noise and horsing around on the way back. Talk about deja vu.
Grandma's burial service was at 11:00am on Saturday, July 25 at the Grandview Cemetary. There was about 75 friends there. We are so thankful for those who came from nearby and from as far away as Calgary, Montana and Boise. It was a beautiful warm day. That cemetary is the most beautiful cemetary I have every been too. We have lots of relatives on my moms side buried there as well as some family friends. I realize its kind of weird to post these photos but it was a very real experience for us. Something that was very difficult for me and I will never forget. I've had several people ask me what the journey was like. Grandma lived a long life of 93 years and was a good Godly lady. 


No comments:
Post a Comment