Thursday, March 8, 2012

Wildflowers at Charouleau Gap

On Sunday afternoon, after a wonderful union meeting, a wonderful lunch at PF Changs, we took the quads up to Charouleau Gap. One of the benefits of having a little rain in the winter is some wonderful wildflowers in the spring. I have been wanting to get out and look at them. Taking the quads out is the perfect way to see them. Wow! It was so beautiful! It was also about 75 degrees. All in all, what a perfect day!!!




We found a little creek and some much needed shade.

A break in the action.


Ahhhh, look at his shirt!!

Oh wait...what does the small print say  "I love it when my wife lets me go fishing".  I knew there was a catch...

The trail down from the gap. 


Wow, look at the size of that rattlesnake. 

Into the bushes

I had to get a little closer...
Ok, I get the picture....I'll stop chasing you.

Jim is right were he first saw the rattlesnake. 
In all the times we've been out that is the first time we saw a rattler. We have seen a gila moster and some other snakes. They are coming back out now that nicer weather has arrived.

5 comments:

Bethany Raelene said...

You're not supposed to get CLOSER to snakes, you're supposed to run away from them! YIKES! :)

Donna and Jim said...

Yah, but I don't get a photo op very often so I had to take advantage of it ;-)

Kale Recaido said...

i'm glad the closeup of the shirt made things clearer ;]

Donna and Jim said...

LOL! Its a good thing I bought him the shirt :-)...right before he went on a fishing trip.

DoRe' said...

Ha-what a great shirt! :)