Life is partly what you make it and partly how you take it.
Saturday, April 28, 2012
Tour of the Tucson Mountains Cycling Event
Today I completed a 27 mile cycling event called Tour of the Tucson Mountains. There were two rides....27 miles and 73 miles. Since my bike is new and I am new riding with clip ins, I decided to just do the 27 mile ride. Donna L did the 73 mile ride. I have to admit I was envious of her doing the longer ride but...the shorter ride was nice because I didn't get too tired and I just really enjoyed it. I wanted to finish under 2 hours but I didn't. I finished in 2:06. bummer. Only had my cell phone so here are some pix for it.
The winners
Finish Line
I did the 27 mile ride and Donna L did the 73 mile ride.
Finishers metal
3 comments:
Anonymous
said...
You’re such a huge inspiration to me. Thanks… its funny how often thinking about what you have achieved makes me determined to keep working at it! Have decided to “clean up” my eating once again… seems so easy to get off track! Enjoying mixing up my workouts… need to get back to “Hot Yoga” maybe that will happen this week!
Good for you! And you'll have to tell me what Holualoa has to do with all of this...? It's a Big Island town, so it's funny to see it on a Tucson Mountains medal. :D Hope all is well!
Thanks Tim for your inspiring words. If I can even motivate 1 person to get out and enjoy life (and excercise) then everything I have done is worth it.
DoRe - Thanks! Holualoa is also a name of the sponsor. I was thinking it was a company as I doubt a city in Hawaii would sponsor a little bike race in Tucson...but then again, you never know ;-)
3 comments:
You’re such a huge inspiration to me. Thanks… its funny how often thinking about what you have achieved makes me determined to keep working at it! Have decided to “clean up” my eating once again… seems so easy to get off track! Enjoying mixing up my workouts… need to get back to “Hot Yoga” maybe that will happen this week!
Thanks for keeping on keeping on with everything!
Good for you! And you'll have to tell me what Holualoa has to do with all of this...? It's a Big Island town, so it's funny to see it on a Tucson Mountains medal. :D Hope all is well!
Thanks Tim for your inspiring words. If I can even motivate 1 person to get out and enjoy life (and excercise) then everything I have done is worth it.
DoRe - Thanks! Holualoa is also a name of the sponsor. I was thinking it was a company as I doubt a city in Hawaii would sponsor a little bike race in Tucson...but then again, you never know ;-)
Post a Comment