Monday, October 22, 2012

DeGrazia Gallery In the Sun

Friday, Oct 5, we let Deanna sleep in and then sunbathe. I took Diane to see the DeGrazia Art Gallery. I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!! I'm really not a fan of impressionist but Ted DeGrazias art is different for me. I can feel his passion when I look at it. They way he explained it (when he was alive) was that his paintings where finished but they are not complete. Your mind completes them. Anyway, Ted DeGrazia built his own art gallery because he couldn't find a gallery to display his art. They don't charge anything to visit. It includes the gallery, his own church he built, and his old home.  He worked with many mediums and this whole place is a work of his art.   http://degrazia.org
The painter was born in a mining town so he wanted the entrance of his gallery to look like a mine.

Inside the Gallery. 

A nude.

ME



In the yard

His work room

The Gallery

Diane In his house


Me

Entrance to the church

The church

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool... so much still to see should I ever visit again! First snow storm of the year here this year!

Left one kid home sick, others bus was a half hour late!

Took me two hours to get to the office!

Have a super day, thanks for sharing!

Traci K said...

I just read about this place in Sunset magazine! Fun to see your pictures and picts. of Diane too!!