Saturday, October 13, 2012

Obstacles

On October 6, 2012, we got a group together to do the Terrain mud run at Old Tucson Studios. We do the three mile event in about 90 degrees. It really was too hot for me to enjoy running around the desert BUT we all had a great time. The Youtube video was done by the event staff and sadly we did not make the video. However, whenever one has me around there has to be plenty of photos. I bought a few waterproof disposable cameras and documented the fun. My niece, Deanna, and my sister where visiting from Washington so Deanna did the run with us. Also enjoying the challange was Sara, Anita, Phil, Christian, Tyler, Calvin, and Shannon. They had a hard time making mud because the desert there was too sandy but there was plenty of murky water. We will be doing it again in a few weeks but doing the 5 mile run. Hopefully it will cool down a few degrees before we do it. So, these photos are seriously out of order but who cares....

Our Group - Sara, Tyler, Anita, Me, Shannon, Calvin, Phil, Deanna and Christian

Sara

Phil

Deanna - Cut her head open on one of the obstacles.  She visited the first aid tent, got cleaned up and finished the race. 

Deanna

Me

Anita - shedding her gloves

Deanna

Phil

Our group photo

See ya - The last I saw of some of then until the end of the race.  Oh well, how can I expect to keep up with the 20 year olds.

Phil swimming under the barb wire

Shannon preferred a different approach

The easiest obstacle

Under the logs

The water is murky but it felt so good to cool off!!

These where hard to get over.

This one was a challenge

I didn't get to far on the monkey bars - Quess I will have to add some pushups to my work out

Phil showing me how it is done!

Shannon jumping over fire

Tyler

Anita

Group photo before the race

Anita, Donna and Shannon

Phil on the ropes

Sara and Anita

Sara and Anita

This is where Deanna got hurt.

Anita - making it look easy

Phil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job guys! Looks fun!

Maybe someday I will be in good enough shape to attempt something like that!

Thanks for sharing!

Lyle and Jill said...

Oh my goodness!! That was a real obstacle course! I'm sure the murky water felt awesome in the heat!