Monday, April 29, 2013

Phoenix Mud Run - April 27, 2013

On Saturday, Jim and I did another mud run in Phoenix. This time we only did 3 miles because it was a very hot day. When we finished at 11:15am it was close to 90 degrees out. Yowza! We had so much fun though. We finished pretty well. Jim finished in 44 minutes and I finished in 47 minutes. We both finished 9th in our age group & gender (out of about 60). Jim finished 85th overall and I finished 140th overall with about 650 participants. The difference between 85th and 140th was only 3 minutes. I was happy because I wasn't last. Mostly, people are there to have fun and that is exactly what we did.
Jim
The 10:00 heat ready to go.  We were the 10:30am heat.
At the starting gate.
Ready, set, go!
Over a wall
Over huge piles of dirt.
Logs over the creek
Through the tubes into the creak
A long way in the creek.
Finally out of the creek.
Now through the mud under the barbed wire
Yes, I think this is really fun.  Really!
Over the rope wall
Done with that.
Random people thinking the Gopro is cool.
Over more walls.
Carrying lumber
Over another wall.
Thats me way over there getting ready to get on the slide.  Jim is at the finish line waiting....as usual.

No comments: