Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Work In Progress

Jim and I looked for a long time for a new house with a long list of what we wanted and what we didn't want.  One thing that we figured out in the 7 months of looking, was that there is no perfect house.  So, when we found this house we realized it would need to do a lot of work to make it the way we wanted.  There was a few things we did NOT want in our house.  One of those things was a sunken living room.  When we found this house it was ok, but it had a sunken living room.  The floors of this house was suppose to look like colored concrete but they didn't do a very good job.  So the first thing we are doing with this house is having the downstairs floor redone.  We will deal with the upstairs later.  We hired some guys to do the work for us and they are doing a wonderful job.

Here are some before pictures as well as some work in progress.

BEFORE - Living room with sunken concrete weird floors. BTW - the front door is make from Saguaro ribs. (the inside of a saguaro cactus)

No sunken living room and flooring is going in

Work in progress

Living room has wood floor.  Still needs baseboards

Living room before previous owners moved out.  I think it will look a lot different when we are done :-)
We are having wood floors put in the dining room, family room and kitchen as well.  Then will be time to paint.  I haven't decided on colors.  Any suggestions for the living room?

Its really going to be fun getting this house in good shape.  It has been sorely neglected for years but there is a lot of opportunity for us to make it into something wonderful. 

Our house if finally on the market.  Nice house in nice neighborhood with a wonderful back yard.   I'm still not sure I want to let it go....but we must move on.

Tim, we took your advice on the flooring and picked the one you suggested. I don't think we will regret it.  It looks beautiful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its stunning... I love the look of the floor. I can't wait to see pictures of it all put together and furniture in.

I love before, in progress and after pictures. I guess partly because so much of my life has been in construction.

Not so cold here this week, however snow and ice are the predominate condition outside, hence some white knuckle driving for some and a plethora of accidents throughout the city and surrounding countryside.

I will keep watching with interest as the renovations unfold! Good luck on the sale of your house.

Lyle and Jill said...

Love the new floor..it is gorgeous. Look forward to seeing pictures of the work you do on the rest of the house. Hope you are able to sell your house soon.

DoRe' said...

How exciting--looks fantastic!

I've been absent from Blogville for a little bit; having fun this lazy morning catching up on all my Blogville neighbors.

Hope you're having a wonderful holiday season!

MSue and BMcD said...

Love those windows! New (to you) house projects are the most fun! Congrats!