Wow, this year has gone by. Slow at times, breathtakingly fast at others. So ends another year.
The year is going out with my dad having a knee replacement today. I wish I was there...but I'm not. I'm sure he will be fine but I can't help but worry.
We have been working on the house. Cleaning and getting it ready to move in. We painted the master bedroom/bathroom and its pretty much ready to go. The kitchen is ready. Yesterday we prepped the baseboards for painting and I started taping off the living room. Hopefully we will start painting it today.
We had a family of javalina come through yesterday. They were so close to the house that I had to get on a ladder to see them below the window. One of them was hurt and was having a hard time walking. Sad to see but I'm surely not going to get close to a javalina because they can be mean critters. They had a couple babies with them. It was fun to see.
Some horse back riders come through our property quite often. That's fine. They are neighbors down the road that have horses and go out to the Saguaro National Park to ride. One of the horses got away so it was interesting to watch all the commotion of rounding up their horse.
Beautiful sunsets out there.
 |
| Jim riding a quad |
 |
| Sunset on the Catalinas |
 |
| Horses - one got away |
 |
| Horses riding through our property |
 |
| Family of Javalinas outside pool enclosure |
 |
| Javalina |
2 comments:
The last couple of days has been Chinooking and warm, however today we return to winter with a vengeance. The snow is falling and blowing and the temperature is seeing how fast it can make it back to the deep freeze the rest of Canada is currently under.
Thanks for the update. I too have been enjoying a retrospective of the year that was. One of the highlights for me was getting to see you guys in person three times, especially the days of privilege in Washington. They were awesome and I believe for me life changing.
Now I am looking forward to 2014 and interested to see where this year takes us. Part of me can't wait, another part is quite content to take it a day at a time.
Thanks again for posting... wish I could be there to help on moving day.
Hi Tim, Thanks so much for your comments. They mean a lot for me. I don't get many comments but I enjoy them and they keep me blogging.
It was awesome to see you in 2013 and I'm hoping we will see you three times in 2014 too. It was great to have you and the kids at Milltown. I hope we can all do it again. I'm also still hoping for the family reunion.
The weather here has been awesome. We are in the 70's. Quite pleasant. We had one week of freezing weather so far and we saved the plants so I'm hoping we don't get any more freezing weather before our house sells.
So, I don't envy your Chinook at all.
I would also love your help on moving day...whenever that is. I think we are procrastinating. The good news is we will finish the living room painting today and I cant wait to post pictures. We will have union meeting there tomorrow.
Have a good day! Keep up the excercising. One small victory every day adds up over time.
Oh, by the way, Darren is keeping it up too. I heard he looks great.
Post a Comment