Wednesday, May 14, 2014

A treacherous walk in the desert with Deanna

My niece, Deanna, came to visit for a few days. I enjoyed our time together so much. I took Friday, May 9, off work to spend the day with her.

 We started the day (after coffee, of course) by going for a three mile walk, starting at our house, through the Saguaro National Park. After seeing the cougar tracks and my encounter with the snake last week, I was a little hesitant taking her up there. I figured though, if we were careful we should be ok. It did start to get a little warm by the time we got back.

 We talked a lot and where noisy so that the animals wouldn't be alarmed. The saguaros are blooming and its so beautiful back in there.



Bawwww!  The only photo I took of Deanna on our hike is blurry.  Sorry Deanna!






Cholla Cactus (jumping cactus)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep... I'm officially jealous of Deana... I like the pictures however and am glad that nothing too wild and exciting happened on your walk.