Friday, May 30, 2014

Palm Springs Arial Tram

Jim and I try to get away every year in May to celebrate our anniversary.  Its like a mini honeymoon every year and something that I think all couples should do.  This year was our 15th anniversary and we wanted to go somewhere we haven't been and that was pretty close by. 

So, we headed over to our timeshare in Indio, California.  Its right near Palm Springs and all that it offers.   I was kind of wishing we had gone to San Diego but when the fires broke out down there the day before we left, we where thankful to just be going to Indo.

However, it was 107 degrees out.  Whew!  So hot.  One of the days there we went up the Palm Spring Arial Tram.  This gave us some reprieve from the heat. 
At the bottom - ready to go




We took a little hike at the top.  I nice cooler walk than the 107 degrees in the desert below

A nice view
The windmills far below


A little friend we met.

My very handsome husband


A very steep hike back up to the tram

Another tram coming up.

Almost back to the ground

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice idea, stunning location. My baby sister shared a really cool book with me a while ago. Its called the five love languages and it explains how we each have love languages that work in all of our relationships. Its been a good one for me as I discovered I likely wasn't speaking the right love language in my relationship, funny enough likely everything but!

Anyhow the reason I mention it is that your tip in this post ties into that... This is something I haven't done in a very long time until recently when on a business trip to Banff I managed to convince my wife to come with me... It was most enjoyable to have sometime together just the two of us! I am going to work at it more... Love your pictures as always, thanks for sharing and also your good advice. Have a excellent weekend, its nice and toasty here today but it pales when compared to the temperatures you mention in this post.