Saturday, April 2, 2016

Family

My parents came to visit at the end of February and first part of March.  I had such an awesome time with them.  This time they didn't fall so there where no unexpected trips to the ER.  We had so much fun just being goofy!   Sometimes a girl just needs her mom and dad!  They are the best medicine ever.  We had a super busy time while they where here and we had several invites over to friends places for yummy meals.  It was SOOOO nice.  Thank you R & C, and H & V!!  You made the week even better.

Now that Mom and Dad have had some of their ailing joints repaired they where anxious to see if they could go hiking.  We made it out to the windmill one morning.  See the windmill behind dads ear in the photo.  ;-)

I took a day of work and we explored Southern Arizona and wend down to Patagonia to go bird watching.  We explored Empire Ranch.  We had lunch of some crazy cowboy place that had dead animals from 50 years ago mounted on the walls full of dust.  Pretty weird place but it had ok food and there is not many places to eat down there.

Anyway, I cant wait for them to come back!
Early morning hiking.

Took them hiking to the windmill.  They made it no problem.



I found a perfect place for my funeral. Mom decided to give me one. Weird I know...but we had a good time.

early morning walks with my parents


bird watching adventures in Patagonia

You'r only as old as you act!

jumping for joy!

I love this naughty little donkey.

a double donkey selfie.





Bird watching is SOOOOO much fun.

We found humor in these very serious bird watchers.  We couldn't even figure out what they where looking at.

A very fun lunch with my beautiful parents.

Some of our very special friends who invited us to lunch,




At EMPIRE RANCH in S. Arizona.  An awesome place we found that I had never been too.  We had the place to ourselves.

So, I decided to get in the bathtub.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...


Someday I hope to be there for a joint visit with your Mom and Dad... Kinda love those folks alot and it would be fun to be in Arizona with them.

Anyhow that being said, I really enjoyed the pictures and stories... the eulogy was definitely moving... especially the fact that the corpse kept interjecting comments. There is a poen that says, "There are strange things done in the midnight sun..." I think one could safely interject Arizona in place of midnight sun!

I really enjoyed the update and I am going to get busy now. Gloria has the bug I had last week and Cubber wasn't feeling too great most of the weekend. I did a minimal amount of "farming" will try and get more done this week. Kelsey continues to work like crazy and is starting to get geared up for her adventures in Europe.