Well, weekends are so short! It seems like it flew by.
My pup, Princess, was at it again. On Saturday she ate her tube of toothpaste. Tube and all. She left the top and the bottom of the tube but ate the rest. Its some sort of aluminum or something. Metal anyway. So I was completely stressed out about it and slept only about 1.5 hours on Saturday night worried about her. She was happy as a lark with no ill effects. Its starting to come out now (I won't go into further detail) and she seems to be fine.
Sunday we went to lunch with Bill and Sara. Had a really nice time. Went to gosple meeting and then we went and picked up Eggees and went to Christopher Columbus park and walked around Silverbell lake. It was so pretty. Lots of people there. Some having a little too good of time as the smell of pot was pretty heavy in the air.
We went home and relaxed for a while. I took the dogs out about 8:30 and saw a big black widow spider in a web right outside the back door. It was spread between the lawn chair and the back door. So I told Jim and by the time he got out there it was gone. I must have disturbed it. So then we went back inside and I peeked out the back window at it with a flashlight and saw it on the armrest of the lawn chair. So I decided I would get it. So I went out a got a stick and took a big swing at it but my stick got hung up in the web and the spider disapeered again. I did not realize how strong a black window web is. Anyway, Jim finally got his scorpian stompin spider killing black cowboy boots on and went out to get it. He turned the chair over and found it (with the flashlight) in the area under the arm rest of the lawn chair. So then he went and got bug spray and sprayed it. It ran at him and he stomped on it. DEAD! No pity for this spider like we had for the tarantula. I had been sitting in the lawn chair just hours before not realizing it was the hiding place of the black widow. Yuck. I HATE SPIDERS. Jim was definitly my hero last night!!
Anyway, not much going on. Going to Washington in less then a week and I'm so excited. I hope everybody has a great week. Attached are pictures of the park and our walk around the lake last night.
5 comments:
How funny to see the "black widow story"! We had a Momma black widow that had made her home and babies in our garage in Utah. Yuck! We got rid of her and her friends too! I can deal w/the tarantulas as most of them aren't poisionous. The lake is beautiful! Just be glad you don't have the same "residents" living in your ponds that we do...gators! There is one in our pond at the back of the subdivision. I've been trying to get a picture of him, but he's pretty elusive. See you soon!
Your entry was fun to read. It cracked me up.
I (we) will be at Saturday evening of #1 and then I will be there Sunday all day. I really hope I get a chance to meet you two.
I will also be at #2 in it's entirety so I'm really excited about that too.
Lane
Oh man, Jim is brave. I'd have a heartattack if I saw one of those. Good job, Jim! Glad to hear your "baby" dog is okay!
Very pretty! Tell Bill and Sara hi we miss them... Are you going to be at Milltown 2? David and I fly up Tuesday... :) Can't wait!!
Your pictures around the lake are beautiful.......I love that walk also..Luv, Mom
Post a Comment