Friday night I went to Kathy G's for a good bye get-together for Emily. Her family was there from North Carolina to drive back home with her. They are such a nice family. Most everyone from our Wed and Sun meetings where there. I feel like they are my family here in Tucson. I just like each person so much. One of the fun things of the evenings was that the kids founds a tarantula in her back yard. I wish I had my camera but I did not take it with me. Its actually the first time I've seen a tarantula "in the wild" since I've been in Tucson. One of the guys there used two paper cups to scoop it up and then he moved it out further so it could live in peace. Paper cups come in handy down here. Jacob M removed a scorpian from our living room wall after Wed night bible study with a paper cup a few months ago. I better stock up.
Today I went over to Sarah N's and we painted. She is doing some pictures using oil paints and I tried my hand at acrylics. Of coures I have a long way to go on my picture but I got a good start on it today. I'm trying to paint a vace full of flowers. I promise to post a picture of it when I'm done no matter how bad it turns out.
It looks pretty stormy looking out right now. We could have storms tonight. Its 100 degrees today with about 70% humidity. Uug. Who says its a dry heat. One guy died in Tucson this week when his car got swept down a wash on the south side during a storm. I think I'll stay home the rest of the day.
Well, so much has gone on the last week and a half that I've not checked on the nest in the front yard. I went out a few days ago and found the eggs hatched and the birds already pretty big. I was looking forward to taking there picture when they first hatched. Too late. Anyway, heres' some pictures of them. The nest looks likes it barely hanging in the tree now. With the three of them there its pretty full. They are so cute.
The last picture is the sky the other morning. The clouds looked so neat. Pictures don't do it justice.
2 comments:
How fun to see the babies! The cloud picture is awesome!
Those pictures are really good. I clicked on the cloud picture to get the full-size version and wow!!!
Lane
Post a Comment