

Today is the birthday of two very special people in my life. My dear husband, Jim, and my sweet neice, Deanna. Jim is thirty-something and Deanna is sweet 16. I felt as if my life didn't start until Deanna was born....Then Jim came into my life. These two incredible people changed my life. I wish you both a beautiful day!
This has been a crazy week. Last night we went to the UA vs ASU hockey game. It was nuts. We waited 45 minutes in line for a ticket in the door. Got in 5 minutes before the first period ended. They played so hard. There was alot of ASU fans in the crowd and their ended up being two brawls in the crowd. Behind one of the goalies all these people started fighting and it was this giant pig pile with people, security gards and policemen. This one policeman got decked pretty good. There was alot of people ready to jump in but this other police officer was holding them off with a batton. Crazy. Jim and I moved to a section where hardly anybody was sitting so we didn't have to deal with the crowd. Last week we sat right on the first room and some hecklers where behind us. Some people are just so obnoxious.
Yesterday was Quema del Diablo in Guatemala. They have an old belief that that throughout the year the devil finds his way into your home. He hides under the bed and in the closet and in the corners of the room. Then on Dec 7 every year people clean out all the junk laying around and make big bonfires outside and burn it. Its called "burning the Devil". By burning the rubbish they are cleaning out their homes of the devil. Heres a link to more info: http://destinationguides.eircom.net/sisp/index.htm?fx=event&event_id=24914
I was thinking about this and I wish it where so easy to purge the devil from our life. Why can't it be so easy? I saw a bumper sticker on my way to work yesterday that said "If the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future!".
Anyway, I would love to take the devil out with the trash. It would make life so much easier.
1 comment:
That is a greeeeat bumper sticker!!
We just meed to remember :Life is what we make it" We can either dwell on the past or the future...it is up to us!!
Post a Comment