Monday, December 24, 2007

Tidings of Comfort and JOY!

Yesterday was one of the most fantastic days ever. I went to special meeting in Marysville, WA. WoW! One of the things that touched my heart the most was the message about having joy. It was said that Joy is a choice and if we don't have joy in our lives then we need to be making different choices. When we have joy it can not be denied. Sometimes when we know what God is asking of us we say "That will not make me happy, I know what I want, and what you are asking of me will not bring me joy". But if we are willing for it, then we will be annointed and find the joy in the situation. We just need to keep focused on the goal and we will find joy. If we focus on what we have in Jesus, then when Satan comes and offers us something we will not be interested. He won't have anything to offer us. We can also lose our joy fast. The children of Israel went through the Red Sea with the hand of God and three days later they where already complaining again. Their joy didn't last long. Then Satan has the advantage. The joy of the lord is our strenth. We need to review what we have in Christ OFTEN to renew our joy.
Abiding in the vine gives us the strength of joy.

After meeting we went home and had dinner with just my family. We played rook and laughed until we cried!!!! What a time.

Jim is spending time with his parents over the holidays. I hope they are having a good time too. I sure miss him.

The flight up here was interesting. I upgraded myself to first class for $50. I had a nice window seat. Then when I got in there the lady on the aisle seat wanted her husband to sit by her. Her husband was sitting in the least desirable seat and he wanted to switch with me. He had the first row aisle seat. I was like "but I really wanted the window......" I finally decided I would switch just because if I didn't I'd still have to sit by this lady for the rest of the flight and how fun would that be knowing I told her no. What a position they put me in. So I moved. I had no place to put my purse and book except up above which was a put out for me. I sat there thinking "Donna, you are such a pushover". You went from the best seat in the class to the worst seat". So I was feeling sorry for myself. Then the stewardess came to me and told me that she really appreciated that I was willing to move and gave me a $100 e-certificate for my next flight. The couple was so happy I moved for them that the husband came to me later in the flight and thanked me again and offered me a whole can of Almond Roca that they had just bought. I told him thanks, but no. The last thing I need is awhole can of candy. I'd eat the whole thing. Anyway, the lady that was seated next to me was nice and we talked the entire way to Seattle and it made the flight go fast. It ended up being a great flight. See....It pays to be nice. I ended up $50 to my advantage by moving to first class.

Happy Christmas Eve everybody. Wherever you are, whatever you are doing, I wish you much joy!!! Keep focused on the right things and keep peaceful!

4 comments:

Traci K said...

Wow! What a story about your flight! Guess it pays to be flexible!:) Glad you are enjoying your time up there! Remember, you MUST get Diane signed on and help her get blogging!--just a friendly reminder from your blogging friend.:)

GIEJ Long said...

Thank you for sharing those thoughts and also your flight experience. There is a leson in it!
Glad we found your blog!
Gordon, Ivona, Emily and Jonathan.

Lane and Sylvia said...

Loved your blog entry.
It's funny you gave your entry that title because I enjoyed the thoughts from SM about comfort. I didn't get the morning meeting but I got the afternoon one and it was so rich I feel like I've been to a day of convention. What a wonderful day it was. Great to see your family too. Your Grandma Grace is an encouragement to me.

Lainey said...

I am glad I checked back. We were not in WA for special meeting and so I especially enjoyed you sharing what you heard there. I needed it, thanks. :)