Sunday, February 17, 2008

Birds again!


















You are probably sick of my hummingbird posts but I just have to add these pictures. A few posts ago I mentioned they drank out of the feeder while I was holding it. So tonight with camera in hand, I went out to see if they would come to me for a drink again. I left the other feeders up so they didn't have to if they didn't want to. They sat up in the bushes and watched me for a long time before they came down for a drink. It takes a lot of patience and my arm sure got tired. I had to stand there imitating their sounds for about 15 minutes before they came to me. They are such neat birds and I love watching them. There are just so many this year. More than I ever noticed before.

I also have to share these photos of Princess. I was cleaning yesterday and came across this childrens hat. Too small for my head, and since princess was laying there so she became my hat model. She was mildly annoyed with me but I thought she was so cute.
Jim is very sick today. Fever, coughing and congestion. I sure hate seeing him sick. Hopefully it won't last too long.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY, THIS LOOKS LIKE YOUR BABY GIRL!!
PRETTY CUTE!!

Anonymous said...

THOSE HUMMINGBIRDS ARE AWESOME....REALLY FUN WHEN YOU CAN GET THEM UP SO CLOSE!

Wrena said...

love the mmmmm birdies!!!

Traci K said...

I think your Mom is pretty proud of her "granddog".:) She looks so cute in the hat! It reminds me of when we were little and we used to dress up the cat.:) Love the birds too! Get well Jim!!

Wrena said...

I absolutly love the pictures of your cactuses around there!

Lila said...

your baby is so cute! I can't believe she let you keep that hat on her