Friday, February 1, 2008
Excercizing is Dangerous!
I was taking a walk last night on the treadmill and mistepped and lost my balance and fell. Am I the only one that has ever fallen on a treadmill? Twice? The first time was in a gym when Jim and I where dating. I totally embarrassed him. I dropped my keys and stopped walking to pick them up and it shot me off the back of it. Yah, sometimes I wonder about my IQ!! At least last night was in the privacy of my own home and this time I have no excuse. Just walking along thinking that just another hundred miles to a better body. My knee is killing me. I skinned it all up. I should have let go of the handles, but instead I drug myself along on the belt and ripped all the skin off my knee before I could turn the thing off. Ouch! Anyway, sometimes excercising is dangerous. At least for me. I'd like to know how many other people have ever done this. Seriously, Am I the only one???? Leave a comment and let me know your excercizing injuries!!! Make me feel better ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, yeah... my first week of using the treadmill a the Y back in 1999... a good friend walked in and said, "Hi!" and of course, I stopped and yes, slid straight of the back. Hilariously impressive. The only thing damaged was my dignity. And here at home once, too. Something distracted me and off I went. Man against machine? I don't think you're alone.
Sorry, though! It will feel better when it stops hurting, as my dad used to say.
Donna, don't feel bad...I've fallen so many times I can't count them! The worst one was when someone left the treadmill down and one of the kids got on, fell and cut their lip. Since then the treadmill stays in the "up" position at our house until being used.:)
Wow. I have not fallen off but i have seen other ppl do it. I don't trust myself, so i always wear the safety rope. Once i was at the Y.m.c.a and the person next to me dropped their iphone or something like that, and they fell off when they were trying to grab it. Yeah, they didn't get back on. But hope you are felling better soon.
I was doing reverse flys with those rubber-band things one night and I had it looped around the back of a dumbell and right when I was pulling on it really hard it slipped off the dumbell and smacked me right across the nose. Sounded like a gunshot. Boy did I feel stoooopid.
Donna its not just you. I fell off the treadmill once and i wnded up having road rash from it. So be carefull! I try to stay away from those things but doing so is not flattering to my figure!
-Lila-
Oh Donna, I just cracked up when I read your blog on this. I was at the gym a while ago and was using an old CD player (before I got my MP3). I was trying to change the CD and not paying attnetion and I shot off the back of the treadmill. I hit the window behind me with my head and my feet went straight up in the air- CD's went flying everywhere. At this point, the two people beside me stopped to help. Everything was bruised, but especially my ego! Looking back... it was absolutely hilarious. At the time, I wanted to put a bag over my head. I don't think I went back to the gym for a week. Clutziness is definately a quality I possess too! You're not alone!
Post a Comment