Saturday, February 9, 2008

Horse Racing

Click on the photo to see the album
Horse Racing at Rillito Park

In my quest for adventure I ended up at the horse races today. It was fun. I was mistook for a reporter (it must have been the camera and that I was alone) and invited back behind the barracades so I could get better photos. When I told him I wasn't with the newspaper he said that was ok, come anyway, at least you'll get better photos . So I got to see the horses in their stalls and hang out in the VIP area. I still would have rather been with someone but I did have a good time. Jim works on Saturdays or he would have gone with me. Anyway, check out the photos. By the way, it was over 70 degrees today and beautiful sunshine. It almost felt like spring. AAAAAh.

3 comments:

Miss Kari said...

I'm so jealous!!! I LOVE horses but I've never had the chance to go to a race before. We are having the awesome weather too isn't it perfect. :)

Traci K said...

Donna that is so funny that they thought you were a reporter! Such awesome close up shots! I've never been to a race, but they have a race park here. Might have to try that some time...looks like you had a fun time!

Lane and Sylvia said...

What a fantastic picture-taking opportunity... and you made the most of it. Wow, what great shots. I can't decide.. I think my favorite is either the jockeys sitting on the bench or the horses rounding the turn, all leaning to their left. Great post!