
Happy Birthday to my sweet nephew, Dustin. I hope he has a fabulous birthday today. Its the hardest thing to be away from my nephews and neices on their birthdays. Heres wishing you the best, Dustin.
I'll never forget the night he was born. He was late.....very late. Poor sister. She was huge. We all waited in expectation for the moment. There where a few moments we thought he was coming. Like the time Dianes car broke down at McDonalds in Mill Creak and she called me at work to say she was in labor and stuck at McDonalds. Dad and I raced over there to rescue her but the contractions stopped and still no Dustin. So, on April 2, 1999 Jim, Duane (my bro) and I had been invited to Brian and Tara's for a murder mystery dinner. We all had to come in charactors. So, I was a countess or something and had some funky hairdoo, fake jewery, my grandmas old furr coat.. Anyway, I looked pretty funny. Halfway through dinner my mom calls and says that Dianes at the hospital. Its the real thing now and she could have the baby any moment. (This was her third baby and the 2nd baby she had 30 minutes after arriving at the hospital) I was completely stressed. I wanted to go but I didn't want to leave because my charactor was suppose to be in this game and I didn't want to ruin the game. So, mom called and kept us updated about every 15 minutes. Duane and I left Brian andTaras somewhere around 10:00pm and rushed over to my house to throw some decent clothes on and rush to the hospital. There was no hope for my funky hairdo. We got to the hospital and rushed up to the delivery room. Duane stayed outside the room but I went in. Everybody was so calm. I said. Wow, it looks like I made it in plenty of time. The doctor laughed and said his head is coming out right now. Anyway, I was there to see my precious 10lb nephew be born. The only birth I've ever seen. What an amazing moment. And what a gift he has been to the whole family.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Dustin! Wow! What an experience to try to get to the hospital in time! I'm glad the hairdo didn't scare him into staying in a little longer!:)
Happy Birthday Dustin! 9 is a great year for boys!
Thats such a cool picture! Hey you saved my blog Rebecca came home wed telling me it was invaded by aliens and sure enough it was!
that's a cute story.
Great story, Donna. You painted such a vivid picture, I had a laugh out loud. Good stuff.
Post a Comment