Saturday, April 19, 2008

Restoration



The current photo challenge on the Photo Friends Blog is to restore a photo. This photo is the oldest photo in our family so far. I was told that it was taken in 1864. Somewhere in the 144 years since, some child took a pen to it and drew hair and eyes on the people in the photo. I talked my Grandma (Grace) into giving me the photo about 15 years ago and meant to have it restored. However, not really wanting to pay to have someone else do it and not knowing how to do it myself, it didn't get done.


So, since it was a challenge I attempted to restore the photo using photo impact pro. I still have a long way to go on it but I don't have any more time now to finish it. So, here is the restored photo. One of the boys in the photo is my Great Grandpa Theodore Gieszelmann. I'm not sure which one he is.

1 comment:

Traci K said...

Great job on the picture, Donna! I still don't have any ideas for this one...must look and see what I've got that could be restored. That motorcycle video is spooky. I'd hate to be that white car that they passed.