Saturday, March 29, 2014

Welcome to Arizona - "Wheres the hospital"

So my family came into town and finally got to our new house about 9pm on a Friday night. After showing them around and getting the luggage in, dad had a little trip. He was ok but he jammed his hand into something.

 He comes into the kitchen and shows me his bloody hand (in fact he's holding blood in his hand like a cup). Now, I don't do to well with blood, especially family members blood. So I called Jim in. Thankfully he took control and got dads hand cleaned up and some gauze on it and wrapped in a plastic baggy. He told us that Dad needed stitches.

 So, I took Mom, Dad and Diane to the nearest hospital at 11pm. They only let two of us in the room and so Mom and I went back with Dad. We all took bets as to how many stitches, etc. I took these pictures and was texting them to Diane in the waiting room so she could feel like she was there ;-) Once they started the stitches, Mom took off. So, I watched the Dr. sew my dad up. It was quite interesting. It took 8 stitches and 5 surgi strips to get him closed back up.

Poor Dad. I guess he lucked out because I had a lot of projects for him that will have to wait since his hand was messed up.

Diane won the bet.  She guessed 8 stitches. 
Dad and I get to spend some quality time together.
Dad and Mom in the hospital waiting room.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch, Uncle Bob, that was quite the way to start a visit. I didn't spend much time looking at these pictures... empathetic twinges and I really don't like this stuff much either...

Still a interesting story.